Welcome to Business Licensing!
If you are interested in establishing any type of business, promoting a special event, or soliciting door-to-door within Smithfield City limits, Business Licensing staff will assist you in obtaining a business license or special event license.
A license is required when engaging in or conducting business. This includes, but is not limited to, the sale of tangible personal property at retail or wholesale, the manufacturing of goods or property and the rendering of services to others. Any profession, vocation, craft, business, occupation, enterprise, and all other activities that are conducted for private profit or non-profit that are directly or indirectly conducted on any premise in the city or anywhere within its jurisdiction. This includes owning a rental dwelling or property.
A business license usually takes up to 2 weeks to process once the application is submitted. Some licenses such as a solicitor's license, can be issued over the counter when a background check is included with the application at the time of submission.
- General Business Licensing Requirements
- Business License Complete Packet
- Business License Application
- Cache County form - Required
- Fire Department Self Inspection for Home Occupations-Required
- Solicitor Packet
- Fillable Solicitor Form
- RENEWALS -Business License using Xpress Bill Pay
- Utah SBDC (Small Business Dev Center) Network