Birch Creek Golf Course
Position Description: Pro Shop Staff-Seasonal
Supervisor: Head Golf Professional
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Pro Shop Staff-Seasonal position, is a non-benefitted position and is Seasonal. Position is responsible for assisting the Head Golf Professional and/or Assistant Golf Professional in managing the day to day operations at the golf course.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBLILTIES AND DUTIES
- Assists in daily Pro Shop operations, including opening and closing the Club House/Pro Shop.
- Assists Head Golf Professional in managing course play and practice range.
- Assists in showing the banquet room for room reservations, as well as setting up, cleaning and tearing down the room after events.
- Assists in entering inventory in the POS, selling merchandise, displaying merchandise and organizing the Pro Shop daily.
- Assists in daily inventory check to make sure inventory is accurate. Let’s Head Golf Professional know when items need to be reordered.
- Assists in training NEW hires for the Carts/Range/Club House position.
- Makes sure building and surrounding Club House area is kept clean and inviting to golfers.
- Assists in teaching the Junior Golf Camps when asked by the Head or Assistant Golf Professional.
- Assists in regripping golf clubs.
- As necessary, directs driving range operations, fills or directs the filling of range balls and range ball bins, baskets, etc. Helps ensure that range ball equipment and golf balls are clean.
- At the discretion of the Golf Course Manager or Head Golf Professional, be assigned the duties of the Concessions Attendant.
- Advises the Head Golf Professional on problems, suggestions and improvements.
Must have knowledge in golf. Must be honest and reliable. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, which includes early mornings and late nights. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be self-motivated with great people skills. Must be Microsoft Office elaborate. The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Ability to stand on your feet for more than 6 hours straight. Dealing with the public face to face, as well as answering phone call requests. Running up and down stairs to stock enough golf cars during your shift. Not taking a TRUE lunch break during your shift. Early mornings and late evenings, 7 days a week, especially in the Summer.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities and qualifications to be performed by the employee occupying this position. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
It is the policy of Smithfield City/Birch Creek Golf Course to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. The Human Resource Department will provide reasonable accommodations for applications during the selection process.
In the interest of the workplace and public safety, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a chemical screen for the purpose of detecting the presence of alcohol and/or controlled substances in the body and back ground check. Smithfield City requires as condition of employment, the use of direct payroll deposit to a bank or savings account.
$8-$10 per hour
Applications: Those interested in applying should submit a completed Smithfield City Employment Application and resume to Smithfield City Human Resource Department, ATTN: Jane Price, 96 South Main Street, Smithfield, Utah, 84335 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: October 31, 2017